13 March 2010

On the road again

I am off for Lincoln, Nebraska, for a few days, to teach in a museum curation training course and to get together with friends from the museum world. I won't be posting much until I get back, assuming Lincoln stays glacier-free. Friends are posting about buds popping up in Texas; I am hoping the last of the snow melts soon and stays gone. No, I am not holding my breath on that one.

I like Nebraska. In two weeks, again assuming that the weather cooperates this year, Gene and I will be leading a trip to western Nebraska to watch and celebrate the sandhill cranes returning to the Platte River. The cranes will be there, as they have for eons, bad weather or not. We will do our best to meet them on their ancient grounds.


In the meantime, here is where I will be found in Lincoln for the next few days when I am not having to act like an adult. UNL has the International Quilt Study Center and Museum right there on campus. I'll be there until I'm ordered out by the guards. Have a great weekend.


No comments: