20 March 2011

Nice surprises

"When we try to pick out anything by itself we find that it is bound fast by a thousand invisible cords that cannot be broken, to everything in the universe."--John Muir

Threads and Traces got a nice boost yesterday from Alanna Fant at Confessions of a Gene-a-holic.  It came at the end of a long week that did its best to discourage me from all sides, and was a much-needed lift. Thank you. Here's what she said: "I have enjoyed reading your blog and would like to award you with the 'One Lovely Blog' award."

Wow. Somehow I'm always startled to realize that this is not just a one-way rambling effort, but an infinitely interactive network. I'm even more startled that the ramblings resonate with anyone. I've been smiling all day. And it's spring, the sun is out, and next week we make our annual pilgrimage to Nebraska to see the sandhill cranes.

Part of the deal is that I get to pass this on to 15 bloggers who have had the same kind of lovely effect on me. Here's to you all: artists in so many ways. Pass it on in turn.

Elizabeth Merritt:  Badgerosity
Barbara Brackman’s Material Culture
Suzi Parron: Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail
Far Side of Fifty: Forgotten Old Photos
Shay Little Grey Bungalow
Edie McGinnis: Pickledish
Sandy Gervais: Pieces from My Heart
Georgina Ferry: Dodology
Ami Simms Through the Eyes of a Quilter
John Maloof Vivian Meier—Her Undiscovered Work
Teri: Texas History and Genealogy Blog
Miriam Robbins Midkiff AnceStories: The Stories of my Ancestors
Elizabeth Avedon Elizabeth Avedon
Kyra Hicks: Black Threads
Julie Blue: Dancer Diaries

Have one lovely day, and pass it on.

1 comment:

Suzi Parron said...

Thanks so much! What a wonderful way to share our appreciation for each other's presence in our lives.